KGNU's 28th Annual Charles Sawtelle Memorial Mountain Jam
"The Charles" is an event for music fans that enjoy mountain air and great food in a spectacular setting. Texas-style barbecue, salads, homemade desserts and micro-brew beers accompany superb music at the Gold Hill Inn in Gold Hill, CO. The event runs from 11:30am until 4:30pm on Sunday, July 24th. The lineup features features music sets by Rapid Grass, Katie Glassman and Snapshot, and Free The Honey. Click here for more info about the bands and the festival.
Tickets are $20 for KGNU Listener-Members and $25 for the general public. Children 12 and under free with an adult. Tickets may be purchased online at TheCharles2016.bpt.me.
RockyGrass Broadcast Coverage
We're once again thrilled to be live streaming the sold out 2016 RockyGrass festival at Planet Bluegrass in Lyons! Our live coverage begins at 9:30am on Friday, July 29th, and will run each day of the festival.
In addition to our live web stream on AfterFM.com, we'll broadcast on KGNU's airwaves Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings, and we're excited to be broadcasting the Saturday evening headliners from 6-10 PM, preempting regular programming. Click on info for more details.
New Volunteer Orientation
KGNU holds our Volunteer Orientations every other month. You can attend an orientation in either Denver or Boulder. If you've ever thought about getting involved with community media--on the air and behind the scenes--attending an orientation session is the best place to start.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle to KGNU is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest, running or not.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank are the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. You will be automatically entered into all KGNU drawings. Enjoy free shipping on thank-you gifts. Plus, try your luck on monthly concert ticket drawings for SOLR members only. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, fewer mailings - it is greener and cheaper. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio monthly. click here to download the form. or click on our donation button.
All Spotlight items
- Today from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Today from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Today from 6:00 AM to 7:00 AMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Today from 8:00 AM to 8:35 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Today from 8:35 AM to 9:30 AMHost: David BarsamianDali Lama: Educating the Heart and Mind
- Today from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMHost: Uncle JeffDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Today from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMHost: AliciaDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Today from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMHost: Paul KarolyiAsians in Colorado
- Today from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMA weekly syndicated half-hour news magazine featuring progressive perspectives on national and international political, economic and social issues
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMA weekly program from the internationally renowned progressive talkshow host
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMHoward Zinn – Second Thoughts on the First Amendment
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMA weekly exploration of Celtic music.
- Today from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PMTraditional Music from Around the World.
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMA midweek mix for you Reggae blood system.
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio