Join KGNU for our 12th Anniversay on 1390 AM
It's our 12th birthday! Come celebrate the anniversary of KGNU on 1390 AM on Friday Sept 2nd from 5-9 PM, part of the Santa Fe Arts Districts 1st Friday Artwalk and Denver Open Media's Open Music Sessions. More info about the party is here.
KGNU Denver studios, this Fri, starting at 5:00 PM
Record & CD Sale - Day Two!
Our Summer Record Sale was a lot of fun. We have a surplus of wax and CDs on hand, so we're hosting a second sale on First Friday.
Join us at our Denver studio this Friday Sept. 2nd, 5-9pm, for our 12th Anniversary on 1390 AM, the last First Friday Art Walk of the season on Santa Fe, and your chance to grab some vinyl (and CD) gems.
New Volunteer Orientation
KGNU holds our Volunteer Orientations every other month. You can attend an orientation in either Denver or Boulder. If you've ever thought about getting involved with community media--on the air and behind the scenes--attending an orientation session is the best place to start.
The next orientation is September 1st at 7 PM in Denver and Boulder. Just show up at either orientation.
Phone Shifts during the Fall Membership Drive
Our Fall Membership Drive runs October 12th-23rd, and as always, KGNU relies on Volunteer Power, answering phones and taking pledges.
Click the button below to check the available shifts (check back often, as some people change their schedules) and to sign up online, or call 303-449-4885. No experience necessary.
More info, phone shift times and a helpful instructional video are here.
Are you experiencing issues with KGNU's signal?
If you are having any difficulty receiving KGNU's signal, over the air or online, please let us know using this form.
We are constantly trying to improve our signals and coverage, and any information you can provide will greatly assist us.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle to KGNU is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest, running or not.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank to ours is the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. We automatically entered you into all KGNU drawings. Enjoy free shipping on thank-you gifts. Plus, try your luck on monthly concert ticket drawings for SOLR members only. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, fewer mailings - it is greener and cheaper. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio monthly. click here to download the form. or click on our donation button.
All Spotlight items
- RevealCreated by The Center for Investigative Reporting and PRX, Reveal is public radio's first one-hour radio show and podcast dedicated to investigative reporting.
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMHost: Jim NelsonNational and International Politics
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMHost: George FiggsMokomba - Boulder Based West African Drum, Music, and Dance Ensemble
- Today from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PMHost: Tonja LoendorfThis show presents the music of Latin America, from traditional to modern. Corriente is Spanish for "current".
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMThe art of improvisation and the shape of Jazz to come.
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 6:30 AMThe world's Newsroom brings you global events as they happen
- Tomorrow from 6:30 AM to 6:50 AMThe daily drama of money and work from the BBC
- Tomorrow from 6:50 AM to 7:00 AMThe story of our times told by the people who were there
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:35 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:35 AM to 9:30 AMIn-depth Discussions on Local News Issues.
- Tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Tomorrow from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Tomorrow from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMHost: Beverly GrantOn The HEAL Tip (Healthy Eating; Active Living)
- Tomorrow from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMA weekly syndicated half-hour news magazine featuring progressive perspectives on national and international political, economic and social issues
- Tomorrow from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMA weekly program from the internationally renowned progressive talkshow host