Resistance Radio Calendar
Airing Mondays, Resistance Radio announces upcoming events and happenings in the community that are activist and community related. For the full calendar, click here.
Call for Artists: KGNU Program Guide Cover Art Contest
Calling all artists in the Boulder community!
KGNU Community Radio is holding a cover art contest for our Annual Program Guide. The theme of the Program Guide is "media under-siege" and the importance of protecting community/ independent media outlets like KGNU. The guide will be released on May 22, 2017 and will also be published electronically. 1st place winner will be given the front cover of the Program Guide including an artist profile in the Program Guide, dinner for two at our Summer or Winter Arugula Dinner, 2 concert tickets to the Arise festival in Aug. The deadline for Submission is April 1, 2017.
The full contest guidelines are here.
Special Reception with Amy Goodman, April 7th
KGNU is proud to co-sponsor the kickoff event of Amy Goodman and Democracy Now!s 2017 The Media Is Not The Enemy Tour. The event celebrates Democracy Now!s 21st year producing one of the countrys most popular daily TV/radio/internet news hours, as well as the publication of the paperback version of Amy Goodmans latest New York Times bestseller Democracy Now!: 20 Years Covering the Movements Changing America.
KGNU is (back) in Fort Collins!
KGNU has a new FM translator at 98.7 FM in LaPorte, covering the Fort Collins area. Tune in, turn on!
A story about our expansion appears in the Fort Collins Coloradoan.
New KGNU Stream Player and Mobile App
You may have noticed a new player when clicking the Listen link (above left). This player, developed by Radio Rethink, is mobile-friendly - click here for a quick tutorial on how to add a link to the player to your device's home screen.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank to ours is the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. We automatically entered you into all KGNU drawings. Enjoy free shipping on thank-you gifts. Plus, try your luck on monthly concert ticket drawings for SOLR members only. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, fewer mailings - it is greener and cheaper. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio monthly. click here to download the form. or click on our donation button.
Are you experiencing issues with KGNU's signal?
If you are having any difficulty receiving KGNU's signal, over the air or online, please let us know using this form.
We are constantly trying to improve our signals and coverage, and any information you can provide will greatly assist us.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle to KGNU is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest, running or not.
All Spotlight items
- Today from 8:35 AM to 9:00 AMIn-depth Discussions on Local News Issues.
- Today from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AMMedia Analysis and Critique
- Today from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Today from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Today from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMLocally Produced News and Public Affairs Talk Show
- Today from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMThe Shortwave Report is a weekly 30 minute review of news stories recorded from a shortwave radio.
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMWeekly discussions with the political activist, author, lecturer and attorney
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 6:30 PMHost: Leo Gruip-Ruiz And Marge TaniwakiNews About Latin America and the Caribbean
- Today from 6:30 PM to 7:00 PMHost: Angela PalermoGay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender News and Interviews.
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMContemporary and vintage Opera recordings.
- Today from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PMClassical music
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMModern composition & Avant Garde music
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMHost: Kathy FrazierThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 6:30 AMThe world's Newsroom brings you global events as they happen
- Tomorrow from 6:30 AM to 6:50 AMThe daily drama of money and work from the BBC
- Tomorrow from 6:50 AM to 7:00 AMThe story of our times told by the people who were there
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:32 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News