Notice of a Proposed Change to KGNU's Bylaws
On April 11, 2016, the Board of Directors of the Boulder Community Broadcast Assn. proposed two changes to the station's bylaws, both related to attendance at the board's Annual Meetings in November each year.
The board will vote on these proposed changes at their next meeting on May 9th, 2016. Public comment is welcome and encouraged. The full text of the proposal is here.
New Volunteer Orientation
KGNU holds our Volunteer Orientations every other month. You can attend an orientation in either Denver or Boulder. If you've ever thought about getting involved with community media--on the air and behind the scenes--attending an orientation session is the best place to start.
The next orientation is May 5th at 7 PM in Denver and Boulder. Just show up at either orientation.
We have changed our online streaming service
We have changed to a new streaming service provider. For those of you online listeners who use the Tune In Online links to the left or on our Listen page, you will not notice a difference.
If you have our streaming links bookmarked in your favorite media player (i.e Windows Media Player, iTunes, Winamp, etc.) on your home computer, laptop, or mobile device, you will need to update your bookmarks. Please click here for more information on the new streaming URLs.
If you have any questions, email us or call (303) 449-4885.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle to KGNU is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest, running or not.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank are the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. You will be automatically entered into all KGNU drawings. Enjoy free shipping on thank-you gifts. Plus, try your luck on monthly concert ticket drawings for SOLR members only. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, fewer mailings - it is greener and cheaper. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio monthly. click here to download the form. or click on our donation button.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Credit Union Membership and Credit Card to Support KGNU
You can support KGNU every time you use your a Platinum Rewards Credit Card from Community Financial Credit Union. Our longtime partner, the BME Federal Credit Union, merged with Community Financial Credit Union last year. KGNU's Affinity Visa Credit Card is being phased out as of September 30th. Get a new MasterCard Platinum Rewards Credit Card and you can still support KGNU with your purchases. All KGNU members are eligible to join this locally-owned not-for-profit financial institution.
All Spotlight items
- BBC NewshourDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMAdventures in freeform from the Saturday night lab
- Today from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PMRecordings of the Grateful Dead's live concerts
- Today from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PMExploring Electronic music: IDM, Ambient, House and more.
- Today from 11:00 PM to 12:00 AMHost: Little FyodorObscure DIY music and audio art
- May 1 from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- May 1 from 3:00 AM to 7:00 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- May 1 from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AMHost: Carl ArmonA weekly journey through the roots of Gospel music and its contemporary forms.
- May 1 from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AMHost: Leland RuckerExplorations in Americana: Fashion Statement
- May 1 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PMEnvironmental music and news taped in front of a live audience
- May 1 from 12:00 PM to 12:30 PMHost: Robin ClaireInterviews with pioneering individuals sharing healthful common sense possibilities for our person, our communities and our world
- May 1 from 12:30 PM to 1:00 PMHost: Duncan CampbellEvolutionary transformation perspectives in wide variety of fields
- May 1 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PMHour-long Dialogs Focusing on the Mind, Body and Spirit
- May 1 from 2:00 PM to 2:30 PMRevolutions from the Heart of Nature: Environmental and Spiritual News
- May 1 from 2:30 PM to 3:00 PMWomen's International News Gathering Service
- May 1 from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PMHost: Theresa HalseyExplores Native American Issues, Music and Culture
- May 1 from 4:00 PM to 4:30 PMHost: Marinela Maneiro, Marcela Toledo, Jorge CisnerosSpread The Word: Connecting the Spanish speaking community with the resources and services they need for their development and integration.
- May 1 from 4:30 PM to 5:00 PMExploring the alternatives to violence
- May 1 from 5:00 PM to 5:30 PMRadio from the Grassroots
- May 1 from 5:30 PM to 6:00 PMHost: Christina Yutai GuoNews and Information for Chinese Immigrants
- May 1 from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World