KGNU's Spring Plant Sale
KGNU will host our annual plant sale on Sunday, June 5th, from 9 AM to 3 PM at 4700 Walnut Street in Boulder. This will be your opportunity to shop for fantastic starters and gardening supplies.
We're taking donations from May 20th-June 2nd in KGNU's backyard. Plant some seeds, divide and pot up some plant for KGNU.
Good luck with your gardening!
KGNU Presents a 3-day Youth Radio Workshop for Teens
KGNU will offer a 3-day workshop for teens aged 13-18 years old. The classes will cover in-studio radio broadcast skills, field recording basics, using sound editing software, how to be a music disc jockey, creating a news feature and/or radio drama and much more. Monday through Wednesday, June 13th-15th, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Our summer mini-drive begins on June 21st
Our summer mini-drive begins Tuesday, June 21st. Tune in for programming specials and to be entered in a drawing for a pair of tickets, with camping, to the 2016 Folks Fest in Lyons! Donate now to be entered. All SOLR members are automatically entered. Call 303-449-4885 or 800-737-3030, or pledge securely online. Click the Info button for more details about the festival and drawing.
Phone Shifts during the Mini Membership Drive
Our Summer Membership Drive runs from June 22nd to the 26th and as always, KGNU relies on Volunteer Power, answering phones and taking pledges.
Click the button below to check the shift availability (as some people change their schedules) and to sign up online, or call 303-449-4885. No experience necessary.
More info, phone shift times and a helpful instructional video are here.
Bike to Work Day
KGNU hosts a breakfast station as part of Boulder's Bike to Work Day. The station will be open 6:00 AM.
KGNU will offer coffee from Ozo Coffee, muffins, juice, homemade fruit crisps and more at 4700 Walnut Street.
We have changed our online streaming service
We have changed to a new streaming service provider. For those of you online listeners who use the Tune In Online links to the left or on our Listen page, you will not notice a difference.
If you have our streaming links bookmarked in your favorite media player (i.e Windows Media Player, iTunes, Winamp, etc.) on your home computer, laptop, or mobile device, you will need to update your bookmarks. Please click here for more information on the new streaming URLs.
If you have any questions, email us or call (303) 449-4885.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank are the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. You will be automatically entered into all KGNU drawings. Enjoy free shipping on thank-you gifts. Plus, try your luck on monthly concert ticket drawings for SOLR members only. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, fewer mailings - it is greener and cheaper. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio monthly. click here to download the form. or click on our donation button.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle to KGNU is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest, running or not.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
All Spotlight items
- Today from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Today from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Today from 6:00 AM to 7:00 AMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Today from 8:00 AM to 8:32 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Today from 8:32 AM to 9:00 AMKGNU's Science Show
- Today from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AMPresentations from the Late Philosopher and Author
- Today from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Today from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Today from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMLocally Produced News and Public Affairs Talk Show
- Today from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMAn Award-winning, Weekly Magazine/Documentary-style Public Affairs Program
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMCreated by The Center for Investigative Reporting and PRX, Reveal is public radio's first one-hour radio show and podcast dedicated to investigative reporting.
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMNational and International Politics
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMLive performances from the KGNU Kabaret
- Today from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PMThis show presents the music of Latin America, from traditional to modern. Corriente is Spanish for "current".
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMHost: Ray WentzThe art of improvisation and the shape of Jazz to come.
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio