Notice of a Proposed Change to KGNU's Bylaws
On April 11, 2016, the Board of Directors of the Boulder Community Broadcast Assn. proposed two changes to the station's bylaws, both related to attendance at the board's Annual Meetings in November each year.
The board will vote on these proposed changes at their next meeting on May 9th, 2016. Public comment is welcome and encouraged. The full text of the proposal is here.
New Volunteer Orientation
KGNU holds our Volunteer Orientations every other month. You can attend an orientation in either Denver or Boulder. If you've ever thought about getting involved with community media--on the air and behind the scenes--attending an orientation session is the best place to start.
The next orientation is May 5th at 7 PM in Denver and Boulder. Just show up at either orientation.
We have changed our online streaming service
We have changed to a new streaming service provider. For those of you online listeners who use the Tune In Online links to the left or on our Listen page, you will not notice a difference.
If you have our streaming links bookmarked in your favorite media player (i.e Windows Media Player, iTunes, Winamp, etc.) on your home computer, laptop, or mobile device, you will need to update your bookmarks. Please click here for more information on the new streaming URLs.
If you have any questions, email us or call (303) 449-4885.
Board of Directors meeting
The board meets on the second Monday of every month at 6 PM. During even numbered months, meetings are held at Denver studio. During odd numbered months, they are held at the Boulder studios.
The public is always welcome and encouraged to attend.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle to KGNU is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest, running or not.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank are the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. You will be automatically entered into all KGNU drawings. Enjoy free shipping on thank-you gifts. Plus, try your luck on monthly concert ticket drawings for SOLR members only. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, fewer mailings - it is greener and cheaper. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio monthly. click here to download the form. or click on our donation button.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Credit Union Membership and Credit Card to Support KGNU
You can support KGNU every time you use your a Platinum Rewards Credit Card from Community Financial Credit Union. Our longtime partner, the BME Federal Credit Union, merged with Community Financial Credit Union last year. KGNU's Affinity Visa Credit Card is being phased out as of September 30th. Get a new MasterCard Platinum Rewards Credit Card and you can still support KGNU with your purchases. All KGNU members are eligible to join this locally-owned not-for-profit financial institution.
All Spotlight items
- Today from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMA weekly syndicated half-hour news magazine featuring progressive perspectives on national and international political, economic and social issues
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMA weekly program from the internationally renowned progressive talkshow host
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMThomas Frank – Hey Liberal, Listen Up
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMA weekly exploration of Celtic music.
- Today from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PMTraditional Music from Around the World.
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMA midweek mix for you Reggae blood system.
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 7:00 AMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:35 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:35 AM to 9:30 AMIn-depth Discussions on Local News Issues.
- Tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMHost: 99Diverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Tomorrow from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Tomorrow from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMLocally Produced News and Public Affairs Talk Show