Annual Mardi Gras Dance Benefit featuring Curley Taylor & Zydeco Trouble
KGNU Community Radio and Colorado Friends of Cajun-Zydeco Music and Dance (CFCZ) celebrate Mardi Gras with an evening of revelry, music and dancing featuring Curley Taylor & Zydeco Trouble.
Doors at 6:30 PM. A free zydeco dance lesson starts at 7:00 PM, and the music kicks off at 8:00 PM.
There will be a Mardi Gras costume contest with prizes, so be sure to dress in your festive best, the more outrageous and decadent, the better! Cajun fair available for purchase from Sauvage, along with a cash bar offering beer, wine, and soft drinks. Complimentary King Cake as well!
Check out our wishlist. We're always in need of various items to help update and improve our equipment around the station.
March Volunteer Orientation
Interested in learning the history, structure, and current volunteer opportunities at your Community Radio station? KGNU holds our "Gnu" Volunteer Orientations on the first Thursday of every other month.
Sign up here to attend an online orientation on March 2nd, 2023, at 7 p.m. MT.
Download the KGNU Mobile App
KGNU's mobile app for iOS and Android makes it easy to stay connected with KGNU wherever you go. Listen live, catch up on stories, podcasts, and previously aired programs on demand. Learn More.
KGNU's February Board of Directors meeting will be hosted online
KGNU will hold our regularly scheduled monthly Board of Directors meeting online via Zoom videoconferencing, starting at 6 p.m. Mountain time on Monday, February 13, 2023. February's meeting will be Part II of the Annual Meeting with a presentation of Annual Staff Reports.
The public is always welcome and encouraged to attend.
Check back here at 5:45 p.m. on Feb. 13 for a link to join the videoconference online.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Are you experiencing issues with KGNU's signal?
If you are having difficulty receiving KGNU's signal over the air or experiencing internet streams issues online, please let us know using this form.
We are always trying to improve our signals, streams, and coverage, and any information you can provide will greatly assist us in making that happen.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle - car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle - is an easy way to support your community radio station. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction, and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest.
Get involved with KGNU's committees
A lot of KGNU's work is done through committees. One way you can get more involved with KGNU is by joining one of them.
All Spotlight items
- Democracy NowAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Today from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Today from 8:30 AM to 9:00 AMHost: Joel ParkerKGNU's Science Show
- Today from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AMPresentations from the Late Philosopher and Author
- Today from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Today from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Today from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMLocally Produced News and Public Affairs Talk Show
- Today from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMAn Award-winning, Weekly Magazine/Documentary-style Public Affairs Program
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMCreated by The Center for Investigative Reporting and PRX, Reveal is public radio's first one-hour radio show and podcast dedicated to investigative reporting.
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMHost: Jim NelsonNational and International Politics
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMLive performances from the KGNU Kabaret
- Today from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PMThis show presents the music of Latin America, from traditional to modern. Corriente is Spanish for "current".
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMHost: Frank DagnilloThe art of improvisation and the shape of Jazz to come.
- February 1 from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- February 1 from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Linea AbiertaFebruary 1 from 5:30 AM to 6:30 AMNational call-in program connecting Spanish-speaking audiences and newsmakers throughout the US and Mexico.
- February 1 from 6:30 AM to 7:00 AMBBC Newsroom brings you global events as they happen.
- February 1 from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show