KGNU Special Election Coverage
KGNU will air comprehensive Election Day programming, from the national and local perspectives, on Nov. 8, beginning with our Morning Magazine at 8 AM, Metro at 3 PM, and special election night coverage from 6-11 PM.
On Wednesday morning, we'll recap the election results with analysis, and a listener call-in so you can have your say.
Click here for more information about our coverage, and links for county and state results.
New Volunteer Orientation
KGNU holds our Volunteer Orientations every other month. You can attend an orientation in either Denver or Boulder. If you've ever thought about getting involved with community media--on the air and behind the scenes--attending an orientation session is the best place to start.
The next orientation is November 3rd at 7 PM in Denver and Boulder. Just show up at either orientation.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank to ours is the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. We automatically entered you into all KGNU drawings. Enjoy free shipping on thank-you gifts. Plus, try your luck on monthly concert ticket drawings for SOLR members only. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, fewer mailings - it is greener and cheaper. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio monthly. click here to download the form. or click on our donation button.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle to KGNU is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest, running or not.
New KGNU Stream Player and Mobile App
You may have noticed a new player when clicking the Listen link (above left). This player, developed by Radio Rethink, is mobile-friendly - click here for a quick tutorial on how to add a link to the player to your device's home screen.
Are you experiencing issues with KGNU's signal?
If you are having any difficulty receiving KGNU's signal, over the air or online, please let us know using this form.
We are constantly trying to improve our signals and coverage, and any information you can provide will greatly assist us.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
All Spotlight items
- The NewsroomThe world's Newsroom brings you global events as they happen
- Today from 6:30 AM to 6:50 AMThe daily drama of money and work from the BBC
- Today from 6:50 AM to 7:00 AMThe story of our times told by the people who were there
- Today from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Today from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Today from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AMHost: Roger J. WendellThe Colorado "End of Life Options Act" also known as Proposition 106
- Today from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMHost: Doug GertnerDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Today from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Today from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMHost: Veronica Straight-LingoLocally Produced Interviews Featuring the Visual & Performing Arts
- Today from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMA Daily Half-hour Progressive U.S. Radio Newscast Owned and Managed by News Reporters
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMTavis Smiley welcomes a variety of guests to be part of a high-energy exchange of views, information, and insight.
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PMBlues from vintage and contemporary recordings.
- Today from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PMClassic Funk & Soul.
- Today from 11:00 PM to 12:00 AMClassic Punk & Other Junk.
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 6:00 AMHost: Louis WeisbergHalloween
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AMClassic Country and New Music Steeped in That Tradition.