Youth Radio Training
Our summer radio training workshop for ages 13-18 is June 11th-13th.Learn field recording, audio editing, interview skills and more. Produce news or become a DJ! Grab a friend and sign up. The cost is $180. Space is limited, so make a reservation today!
KGNU's annual Plant Sale and Arts & Crafts Fair
KGNU will host our annual Plant Sale on Sunday, June 3rd, from 9 AM to 3 PM at 4700 Walnut Street in Boulder. This will be your opportunity to shop for fantastic starters and gardening supplies. As part of KGNU's 40 year celebration we're having a garden inspired arts and crafts fair with our annual plant sale. Artists and crafters, with garden themed items, interested in participating in the sale can contact Kathleen, email@example.com or 303 499-5314 for details.
KGNU Boulder Studios, Jun 03, starting at 9:00 AM
KGNU's 40th Anniversary Epic Young Lions Reggae Revival Concert
Join us for KGNU's 40th Anniversary Epic Young Lions Reggae Revival Concert celebrating four decades of Reggae Bloodlines on KGNU Community Radio, featuring Protoje & The Indiggnation, Kabaka Pyramid, and special guests.
Cervante`s Masterpiece Theater, Jun 28, starting at 9:00 PM
30th Annual Charles Sawtelle Memorial Mountain Jam
KGNU celebrates the 30th Annual Charles Sawtelle Memorial Mountain Jam with headliners Hot Rize on Sunday, July 22, from 11:30 AM - 4:30 PM, in the side yard of the Gold Hill Inn. Red Knuckles and the Trailblazers will make an appearance, and The Lyons Bluegrass Collective will open the show. Tickets are $30 for KGNU members, $35 for non-members. Tickets are available online at KGNUtheCharles.bpt.me.
Gold Hill Inn, Jul 22, starting at noon
40th Anniversary KGNU Mug with Membership
KGNU is celebrating 40 years of amplifying community voices, music and culture. In honor of our 40th anniversary, were offering a special promotion during the month of May, our birthday month.
Become a member anytime this month, and as a new member you'll get an enamel camp cup. Our anniversary mug is perfect to take hiking, biking, and on picnics, or any Colorado Summer activity. For a donation of $60 or if you become a Sustainer of Local Radio for $5 per month, you'll receive a camp cup and all of the benefits of being a KGNU member.
Call us at 303-449-4885 or donate online to become a member and receive your KGNU Mug!
KGNUs 40th Anniversary Events & Milestones
May 22, 2018 marks KGNUs 40th Anniversary on the air at 88.5 FM. To celebrate this major milestone, KGNU will be hosting a series of fundraising events throughout 2018. For more information or to get involved, click here.
Ozo Coffee's KGNU 40th Anniversary Blend
In honor of KGNU's 40th Anniversary, OZO Coffee has created a special blend of two unique coffees from Peru. $3 from every pound of the KGNU 40th Anniversary blend will be donated directly to KGNU. The coffee is available for purchase at all OZO locations in Boulder and Longmont, Feb. 23rd to May 24.
Get it while supplies last!
OZO Coffee Locations:
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank is the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. We enter you into all our drawings. Enjoy free shipping on gifts and monthly concert ticket drawings for SOLR members only. No expiration dates or number updates- it is green and easy. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio who supports community radio monthly. Setup an EFT online or download the form.
Download KGNU Stream Player and Mobile App to Your Mobile
You may have noticed a new player when clicking the Listen link (above left). This player, developed by Radio Rethink, is mobile-friendly - click here for a quick tutorial on how to add a link to the player to your device's home screen.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle - car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle - is an easy way to support your community radio station. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction, and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest.
Are you experiencing issues with KGNU's signal?
If you are having any difficulty receiving KGNU's signal, over the air or online, please let us know using this form.
We are constantly trying to improve our signals and coverage, and any information you can provide will greatly assist us.
All Spotlight items
- Today from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PMEnvironmental music and news taped in front of a live audience
- Today from 12:00 PM to 12:30 PMHost: Robin ClaireInterviews with pioneering individuals sharing healthful common sense possibilities for our person, our communities and our world
- Today from 12:30 PM to 1:00 PMHost: Duncan CampbellEvolutionary transformation perspectives in wide variety of fields
- Today from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PMHour-long Dialogs Focusing on the Mind, Body and Spirit
- Today from 2:00 PM to 2:30 PMRevolutions from the Heart of Nature: Environmental and Spiritual News
- Today from 2:30 PM to 3:00 PMWomen's International News Gathering Service
- Today from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PMHost: Theresa HalseyExplores Native American Issues, Music and Culture
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMHost: Marinela Maneiro, Marcela Toledo, Jorge CisnerosSpread The Word: Connecting the Spanish speaking community with the resources and services they need for their development and integration.
- Today from 5:00 PM to 5:30 PMRadio from the Grassroots
- Today from 5:30 PM to 6:00 PMHost: Christina Yutai GuoNews and Information for Chinese Immigrants
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PMHip Hop and Beats
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMExpeditions into classic and modern Dub music
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMMedia Analysis and Critique
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 6:30 AMThe world's Newsroom brings you global events as they happen
- Tomorrow from 6:30 AM to 6:50 AMThe daily drama of money and work from the BBC
- Tomorrow from 6:50 AM to 7:00 AMThe story of our times told by the people who were there
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:35 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:35 AM to 9:00 AMIn-depth Discussions on Local News Issues.
- Tomorrow from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AMMedia Analysis and Critique