Community-Powered Radio for Colorado
KGNU Community Radio's Fall Fund Drive, October 10-21.
Real radio, in real time, by real people: for you! Discover the Power! Join now. Call 303-449-4885 or support KGNU online at Give.KGNU.org
If you want to help us get the word out about KGNU, you can use this hashtags : #GIVEKGNU
Phone Shifts during the Fall Membership Drive
Our Fall Membership Drive runs October 10th-21st, and as always, KGNU relies on volunteers to take phone pledges. Click the button below to sign-up to help, or call 303-449-4885. No experience necessary.
More info and phone shift times are here.
KGNU Presents: An Evening with Noam Chomsky
Join KGNU Community Radio for an exclusive Skype talk with Noam Chomsky, Friday, November 9, at 7:00pm, at the Unity Church of Boulder, 2855 Folsom Street.
Chomsky will discuss the outcomes of the 2018 midterm elections and what the election reveals about our future. He is an linguist, philosopher, historian, cognitive scientist, and social critic.
Unity Church, Nov 09, starting at 7:00 PM
Check out the KGNU Interactive Historical Timeline
See KGNU's interactive timeline tracing 40 Years of Making Waves with in Colorado.
KGNU's 40th Anniversary Magazine
Check out the 40th Anniversary Issue of KGNU Magazine. The issue focuses on empowering readers and listeners to discover the power of community- powered radio, invest in local media, and make waves across the Front Range.
We're is always in need of donations to help update and improve our equipment around the station. Check out our wishlist!
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank is the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. We enter you into all our drawings. Enjoy free shipping on gifts and monthly concert ticket drawings for SOLR members only. No expiration dates or number updates- it is green and easy. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio who supports community radio monthly. Setup an EFT online or download the form.
Download KGNU Stream Player and Mobile App to Your Mobile
You may have noticed a new player when clicking the Listen link (above left). This player, developed by Radio Rethink, is mobile-friendly - click here for a quick tutorial on how to add a link to the player to your device's home screen.
Three Opportunites to Win During Our 2018 Fall Fund Drive
We are featuring three special giveaways during our Fall Fund Drive.
Everyone who donates now through Oct 21, 2018 will be entered into a drawing to win a two-night stay at a one-bedroom cottage at The Colorado Chautauqua and a champagne brunch for two at the Greenbriar Inn, just north of Boulder.
Five Dollar Fridays: Five Dollar Fridays: On Friday, October 12 and Friday, October 19 only-become a SOLR member at $5 a month, renew your membership at $5 a month or increases a current monthly membership by $5 a month and enter for a chance to win some great prizes.
Friday Oct 12: $200 Gift Card to Bart's Record Shop + one 'golden' ticket to all shows in November at The Lost Lake, Larimer Lounge, and Globe Hall.
Friday Oct 18: Two VIP tickets to the 2019 WinterWonderGrass Festival, in Steamboat Springs, Feb 22-24. This package includes two ski passes for the three days of the fest.
Donate online or call 303 449-4885. Click the Info button for details about these giveaways.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Are you experiencing issues with KGNU's signal?
If you are having any difficulty receiving KGNU's signal, over the air or online, please let us know using this form.
We are constantly trying to improve our signals and coverage, and any information you can provide will greatly assist us.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle - car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle - is an easy way to support your community radio station. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction, and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest.
All Spotlight items
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 6:30 AMThe world's Newsroom brings you global events as they happen
- Tomorrow from 6:30 AM to 6:50 AMThe daily drama of money and work from the BBC
- Tomorrow from 6:50 AM to 7:00 AMThe story of our times told by the people who were there
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:35 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:35 AM to 9:30 AMIn-depth Discussions on Local News Issues.
- Tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMHost: Carrie MarksDarkness and Light
- Tomorrow from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMHost: Indra RajDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side. Featuring songs from the top played albums at KGNU for the past 40 years. In support of KGNU's 2018 Fall Fund Drive!
- Tomorrow from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMLocally Produced News and Public Affairs Talk Show
- Tomorrow from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMTime of Useful Consciousness Radio
- Tomorrow from 4:00 PM to 4:30 PMA weekly program hosted by Richard D. Wolff, Professor of Economics
- Tomorrow from 4:30 PM to 5:00 PMExploring the alternatives to violence
- Tomorrow from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Tomorrow from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMCall-in Program on a Variety of Topics Focused on the National and Local Economy
- Tomorrow from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMHost: Sanford BaranFolk music and americana
- Tomorrow from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PMHost: Jack RummelRagtime and related music from the classics of the past up to the music of today
- Tomorrow from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PMHost: Dave GlossMusic from the Big Band and Swing Era
- Tomorrow from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMHost: Kathy FrazierJazz with a focus on Traditional, Swing, and Straight-Ahead Jazz.