Support KGNU by donating things that we can use or sell.
This is our wish list:
- Cars, with partial proceeds from their sale going to KGNU.
- Cellphones, with a small contribution going to KGNU.
- Plants for our Garden party.
- Anything that can be sold on e-bay, with partial proceeds going to KGNU.
- Computers and other IT equipment. No junk, please. Please contact the IT department first.
For anything else, or more info contact us.
Donations to KGNU may be 100% tax deductible.
This program lets you get rid of your old junker (running or not) in a positive way, with a partially tax deductible contribution to KGNU. Some restrictions apply.
KGNU has two options for car donations:
1) Charitable Adult Rides & Services: to donate a car, pickup truck, motorcycle, scooter, or ATV, go online to careasy.org or call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227). Cars and trucks can be running or not; motorcycles, scooters, and ATVs need to be in working condition.
We accept boats and RVs, as well. Call 844-KGNU-CAR to make donations of this type.
2) Cars Helping Charities: 866-701-2277
Either organization handles the sale, with proceeds minus the expenses going to KGNU. The entire sale of the vehicle is tax deductible and the organization will provide the tax receipt for you.
We will take cars and trucks that run or not; some restrictions do apply. They will tow cars and trucks that do not run, with no additional charge to you. You must be able to provide the title to the vehicle.
Did you know that your old, unused cell phone could to a small extent help support KGNU?
Drop your old cellphone in the collection box by KGNU's front door. A commercial enterprise will use it and give a small donation to kgnu.
KGNU is currently accepting the donation of old or otherwise unwanted cell phones, all of which will be recycled properly and will financially benefit the station. Improperly disposed cell phones release hazardous materials into landfills, so you'll be doing your part for the environment AND helping KGNU. All cell phones donations can be dropped off at the KGNU studios.
You can turn your old, unused cell phones into cash for KGNU. In association with The Wireless Alliance, KGNU has begun a cell phone recycling program that allows you to easily and safely dispose of your old phone, with the proceeds benefiting KGNU. You can help keep improperly disposed cell phones and their hazardous materials from landfills, and do your part for the environment - and for KGNU.
Don't throw that old cell phone away! Cell phones contain lead, arsenic, beryllium, and other hazardous toxin that can leach into the environment through our landfills. Fortunately, recycling your old cell phone is as easy as donating it to KGNU. Simply drop by the KGNU studios at 4700 Walnut St in Boulder, or 700 Kalamath in the Microbusiness Development Center in Denver, and we'll take care of the rest.