Support KGNU by donating things that we can use or sell.
This is our wish list:
- Vehicles, with partial proceeds from their sale going to KGNU.
- Smart / Mobile Phones, with a small contribution going to KGNU.
- Plants for our annual plant and garden sale.
- Anything that can be sold on e-bay, with partial proceeds going to KGNU.
- Computers and other IT equipment in working order. No junk, please. Contact the IT department first.
- Gently used records and CDs for our annual CD and record sale.
- See our wishlist.
For anything else, or more info contact us.
How it works:
Donated items may qualify for a tax deduction.
KGNU accepts donations of vehicles including cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Donate your car to KGNU online at careasy.org or by calling 844-KGNU-CAR.
- Find the Title
The title to the vehicle must be in your name. We will also need some information about where the vehicle is located and about its condition. This will assist in scheduling appropriate towing arrangements.
- Schedule the Vehicle Pick up
The vehicle will be picked up by a licensed tow company at no cost to you and will be taken to the sale location. You will be provided a Donation Receipt by the tow driver at the time of pick up.
- The Donated Vehicle is Sold
Your vehicle will be either sold at auction or sent to an auto recycler and a portion of the proceeds of the sale will come to KGNU.
- Charitable Adult Rides & Services will Provide All Necessary Tax Deduction Receipts and Forms
Within 30 days of the sale of the donated vehicle, you will receive a thank you letter which you may use as a tax receipt. If your donated vehicle sells for more than $500, C.A.R.S. will mail you an additional receipt known as "IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes" if the tax identification number has been provided.
Donating your car, truck, van, SUV, boat, motorcycle, ATV, RV, trailer or airplane has never been easier! Simply call 844-KGNU-CAR, and a trained staff member will guide you through the donation process.
Smartphone / Cell Phone Recyling
Turn your old, unused phones into cash for KGNU. In association with The Wireless Alliance, safely dispose of your old phone with proceeds benefiting KGNU, and keep improperly electronic waste out of landfills, doing your part for the environment.
Simply stop by the KGNU at Boulder or Denver location with your unwanted mobile device.