Sharing our Stories: Mexican Immigrants in Life, Media and Myth
In Honor of Boulder's Immigrant Heritage Week, KGNU and Motus Theater present Sharing our Stories: Mexican Immigrants in Life, Media and Myth, a live performance and webcast.
Hear a series of monologues that illuminate the immigrant experience and listen to a discussion on Sharing Our Stories: Mexican Immigrants in Life, Media and Myth. Attend in person at the Dairy Center for the Arts in Boulder or tune in to hear the event live online at KGNU.org from 4.30-6.30pm on Saturday October 8th.
Win a Ski Package in Carbondale
Make a contribution to KGNU now until October 23rd and we will enter you into a drawing to win this fabulous trip! Sustainers of Local Radio (SOLR) members will automatically be included.
Entries for this free trip will be taken until 2:00 PM Mountain time on October 23, 2016. Drawing will be held noon Tuesday, October 25, 2016 Mountain time. Winner will be notified by telephone.
Click here for complete trip and contest details.
Phone Shifts during the Fall Membership Drive
Our Fall Membership Drive runs October 12th-23rd, and as always, KGNU relies on Volunteer Power, answering phones and taking pledges.
Click the button below to check the available shifts (check back often, as some people change their schedules) and to sign up online, or call 303-449-4885. No experience necessary.
More info and phone shift times are here.
KGNU is a proud Media Sponsor of ENDOTREND, a festival with purpose
Happening Saturday, October 1 at McNichols Civic Center Building, Endotrend is the first altruistic and sustainable Summit and festival in the world featuring yoga, music, film and art! Featured muscial acts include: Plume Varia ,Rubedo, Kitty Crimes, Altas, Church Fire, Spells, Falchemist, The Slavic Sisters, and Echo Beds. More information and tickets can be found on kgnu.org or tindakan.org/endotrend.
Community Advisory Board meeting
KGNU invites all listeners to the next meeting of our Community Advisory Board (CAB) on Tuesday December 1st at 6 PM at our Denver studio.
KGNU Denver studios, Oct 03, starting at 6:00 PM
Are you experiencing issues with KGNU's signal?
If you are having any difficulty receiving KGNU's signal, over the air or online, please let us know using this form.
We are constantly trying to improve our signals and coverage, and any information you can provide will greatly assist us.
KGNU is now a recognized Silver Level Bicycle Friendly Business!
KGNU joined a group of nearly 1,200 local businesses, government agencies, and companies across the United States that are transforming the American workplace.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle to KGNU is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest, running or not.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank to ours is the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. We automatically entered you into all KGNU drawings. Enjoy free shipping on thank-you gifts. Plus, try your luck on monthly concert ticket drawings for SOLR members only. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, fewer mailings - it is greener and cheaper. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio monthly. click here to download the form. or click on our donation button.
All Spotlight items
- Democracy NowAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Today from 8:00 AM to 8:32 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Today from 8:32 AM to 9:00 AMKGNU's Science Show
- Today from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AMPresentations from the Late Philosopher and Author
- Today from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Today from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Today from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMLocally Produced News and Public Affairs Talk Show
- Today from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMAn Award-winning, Weekly Magazine/Documentary-style Public Affairs Program
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMCreated by The Center for Investigative Reporting and PRX, Reveal is public radio's first one-hour radio show and podcast dedicated to investigative reporting.
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMNational and International Politics
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMLive performances from the KGNU Kabaret
- Today from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PMThis show presents the music of Latin America, from traditional to modern. Corriente is Spanish for "current".
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMThe art of improvisation and the shape of Jazz to come.
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 6:30 AMThe world's Newsroom brings you global events as they happen
- Tomorrow from 6:30 AM to 6:50 AMThe daily drama of money and work from the BBC
- Tomorrow from 6:50 AM to 7:00 AMThe story of our times told by the people who were there
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show