Win a Free Trip For Two to Iceland
Make a contribution to KGNU now until October 18th and we will enter you into a drawing to win this fabulous trip, provided by Iceland Naturally. Sustainers of Local Radio (SOLR) members will automatically be included.
Entries for this free trip will be taken until 2:00 PM Mountain time on October 18, 2015. Drawing will be held noon Tuesday, October 20, 2015 Mountain time. Winner will be notified by telephone.
Click here for complete trip and contest details.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank are the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. Be automatically entered into all KGNU drawings, plus a special SOLR members only monthly ticket drawing that gives you first dibs. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, fewer mailings - it is greener and cheaper. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio monthly. click here to download the form. or click on our donation button.
KGNU seeks a Denver Underwriting/Ad Sales Representative
KGNU seeks motivated individual to sell underwriting/on air sponsorship in Denver.
The individual will be responsible for selling on-air and website underwriting for KGNU in Denver and surrounding suburbs. Additional billing and scheduling responsibilities included. Underwriter will be responsible for coordinating the voicing of and scheduling of underwriting spots for airing.
The full job description and application instructions are here.
We have changed our online streaming service
We have changed to a new streaming service provider. For those of you online listeners who use the Tune In Online links to the left or on our Listen page, you will not notice a difference.
If you have our streaming links bookmarked in your favorite media player, you will need to update your bookmarks. See the Direct Tune-In Path section of our Listen page for the new direct links to bookmark.
If you have any questions, email us or call 303-449-4885.
Mouse's Pie R Square Dance
Come on out for pies, ice cream, music and square dancing at Mouse's Pie R Square Dance, Sunday, November 8th, from 2 to 5 PM at the Boulder American Legion Hall at 4760 28th St in Boulder.
Board of Directors meeting
The board meets on the second Monday of every month at 6 PM. During even numbered months, meetings are held at Denver studio. During odd numbered months, they are held at the Boulder studios.
The public is always welcome and encouraged to attend.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle to KGNU is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest, running or not.
Credit Union Membership and Credit Card to Support KGNU
You can support KGNU every time you use your a Platinum Rewards Credit Card from Community Financial Credit Union. Our longtime partner, the BME Federal Credit Union, merged with Community Financial Credit Union last year. KGNU's Affinity Visa Credit Card is being phased out as of September 30th. Get a new MasterCard Platinum Rewards Credit Card and you can still support KGNU with your purchases. All KGNU members are eligible to join this locally-owned not-for-profit financial institution.
All Spotlight items
- Today from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMHost: Joel DavisDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Today from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMLocally Produced News and Public Affairs Talk Show
- Today from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMTime of Useful Consciousness Radio
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMA weekly program from the internationally renowned progressive talkshow host
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMCall-in Program on a Variety of Topics Focused on the National and Local Economy
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMFolk music and americana
- Today from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PMHost: Jack RummelRagtime and related music from the classics of the past up to the music of today
- Today from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PMHost: Dave GlossMusic from the Big Band and Swing Era
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMJazz with a focus on Traditional, Swing, and Straight-Ahead Jazz.
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 7:00 AMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AMA Call-in Program on a Wide Range of Topics.
- Tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMHost: Meredith CarsonDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.