Come celebrate our 11th Birthday on 1390 AM!
Join KGNU Community Radio in celebrating 11 years on the air at 1390 am on Friday Sept 4th from 6-10pm at our Denver home, 700 Kalamath St. KGNU DJs will spin tunes in the parking lot while the Anthony Russo Band performs slide guitar blues for a live broadcast on Denver Open Media's Channel 57 and KGNU's Blues Legacy. Get out for the last First Friday of the summer in the Santa Fe Arts District and help KGNU mark 11 years of community radio in Denver, Friday September 4th 6-10pm at 700 Kalamath St.
KGNU Denver studios, Tomorrow, starting at 6:00 PM
Win a Free Trip For Two to Iceland
Make a contribution to KGNU now until October 18th and we will enter you into a drawing to win this fabulous trip, provided by Iceland Naturally. Sustainers of Local Radio (SOLR) members will automatically be included.
Entries for this free trip will be taken until 2:00 PM Mountain time on October 18, 2015. Drawing will be held noon Tuesday, October 20, 2015 Mountain time. Winner will be notified by telephone.
Click here for complete trip and contest details.
We have changed our online streaming service
We have changed to a new streaming service provider. For those of you online listeners who use the Tune In Online links to the left or on our Listen page, you will not notice a difference.
If you have our streaming links bookmarked in your favorite media player, you will need to update your bookmarks. See the Direct Tune-In Path section of our Listen page for the new direct links to bookmark.
If you have any questions, email us or call 303-449-4885.
New Volunteer Orientation
KGNU holds our Volunteer Orientations every other month. You can attend an orientation in either Denver or Boulder. If you've ever thought about getting involved with community media--on the air and behind the scenes--attending an orientation session is the best place to start.
The next orientation is September 3rd at 7 PM in Denver and Boulder. Just show up at either orientation.
Credit Union Membership and Credit Card to Support KGNU
You can support KGNU every time you use your a Platinum Rewards Credit Card from Community Financial Credit Union. Our longtime partner, the BME Federal Credit Union, merged with Community Financial Credit Union last year. KGNU's Affinity Visa Credit Card is being phased out as of September 30th. Get a new MasterCard Platinum Rewards Credit Card and you can still support KGNU with your purchases. All KGNU members are eligible to join this locally-owned not-for-profit financial institution.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank are the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. Be automatically entered into all KGNU drawings, plus a special SOLR members only monthly ticket drawing that gives you first dibs. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, fewer mailings - it is greener and cheaper. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio monthly. click here to download the form. or click on our donation button.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle to KGNU is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest, running or not.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Does your company match donations?
Many companies match contributions their employees make to non-profits, as a benefit to their employees. Did you know that many of these funds go unused each year? You may be able to match or even double your contribution to KGNU by participating in your employers matching gift program. Contact your Human Resources or Community Relations Specialist at work to ask how to participate. Thanks to your employer, and thank you to you for keeping community radio alive and well.
Phone Shifts during the Fall Membership Drive
Our Fall Membership Drive runs from October 7th-18th, and as always, KGNU relies on Volunteer Power, answering phones and taking pledges.
Click the button below to check the shift availabilities (as some people change their schedules) and to sign up online, or call 303-449-4885. No experience necessary.
More info, phone shift times and a helpful instructional video are here.
All Spotlight items
- BBC NewshourDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMHost: Liz LaneCall-in Program on a Variety of Topics Focused on the National and Local Economy
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMHost: Jeff RomainFolk music and americana
- Today from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PMHost: Jack RummelRagtime and related music from the classics of the past up to the music of today
- Today from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PMHost: Dave GlossMusic from the Big Band and Swing Era
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMHost: David VorzimerJazz with a focus on Traditional, Swing, and Straight-Ahead Jazz.
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 7:00 AMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AMA Call-in Program on a Wide Range of Topics.
- Tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMHost: Dave McIntyreDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Tomorrow from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMHost: 99 & BarryDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Tomorrow from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMHost: Veronica Straight-LingoLocally Produced Interviews Featuring the Visual & Performing Arts
- Tomorrow from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMA Daily Half-hour Progressive U.S. Radio Newscast Owned and Managed by News Reporters
- Tomorrow from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMTavis Smiley welcomes a variety of guests to be part of a high-energy exchange of views, information, and insight.
- Tomorrow from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World