Discounts and offers
KGNU's budget is relatively small because of the work of its 200 plus volunteers.
Still, money is required for KGNU's operating budget: programming, maintenance, salaries...
This is why we ask you, the KGNU listener and supporter, to help pay for KGNU's day-to-day operating costs with your membership.
If you value KGNU, as an alternative to corporate media, as a source of independent views and music, as a resource to be cherished and cared for, it's up to you to make it grow.
Please do so with your membership.
Your contribution to KGNU supports programs like Democracy Now!, The Morning Sound Alternative, Alan Watts and Old Grass Gnu Grass,
and helps us pay for the systems that deliver these programs: expanded websites (News.KGNU.org and AfterFM.com), increased server capacity, our source to shift to open source software and renewable energy to power it all.
So, Join now!
On the average, your fellow KGNU listeners pledge over $100 / year. Here's the data.
We encourage you to pledge $88.5 (that's our frequency - clever, eh?) or $120 ($10 / month with a SOLR membership).
But we'll gladly accept your membership at the basic level of $40 ($30 for students, single parents and starving artists).
Many KGNU supporters want to do more. Call us or email us about a challenge grant to encourage others to pledge by increasing their contribution with your match
We are fiercely protective of your privacy:
- We ask you for permission to use your name to thank you on the air.
- We don't share our mailing list with anyone.
- Only three staff members have access to the membership data.
- The membership data is on a computer that is not connected to any other computers, in any way.
You can pay for your membership:
How do I join?
- with a Credit card: securely online or by phone
- with a check or cash
- with SOLR (Sustainer of Local Radio) membership ($5 / month minimum); call or email for more info.
You can join KGNU:
For your membership, you get to help support a very unique radio station for one year.
Also, if you you would like, we'd be glad to give you a thank you gift (a premium).
This also gives you an opportunity to see our studios when you come to pick-up your premium.
As a thank you for becoming a member, we'd like to offer you:
These are typical premiums, though other premiums may be available at other times, and certain high value premiums may require a higher level membership.
- T-Shirts! Caps! Tote bags!
- Concert tickets! Books!
- CDs of talks by KGNU favorite speakers or music compilations on CD!
The premium level depends on your membership level.
Please understand that we may be out of your requested premium, in which case we will offer you an equivalent one.
$ 30 / $ 40
1 item (CD or book)
To choose your premium:
Membership Discounts and Offers
- During our pledge drive, ask for a particular premium offered on the air at that time.
- If you call during our pledge drive, the operator can help you choose a premium.
- At any time during business hours you can stop by and browse through our library of premiums.
- If you join securely online, let us know what you want
The following businesses support KGNU with offers to KGNU Listener Members with a current membership card.
||Type of business
||Location / phone
|Black & Read Bookstore
||Book and record store
||7821 Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada
44th & Wadsworth, Wheat Ridge
|Boulder Financial Realty
||Real estate company
||2961 Broadway, Boulder
|Donates 5% (after tax) to KGNU plus 5% of any commission earned back to buyer, or any non-profit of buyer's choice
|Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art
||750 13th St, Boulder
|2 for 1 admission
|Community Financial Credit Union
||Main branch: 6850 W. 119th Ave, Broomfield, 303-469-5366
Boulder branch: 2800 Arapahoe Ave, Boulder, 303-469-5366
Huron Branch: 13625 Huron St,
|Eligibility for CFCU membership
|Denver Museum of Contemporary Arts
||1485 Delgany St, Denver
||2 for 1 admission
||5340 Arapahoe Ave, Boulder 303-440-0233
1015 Pearl St, Boulder 303-645-4885
1898 S Flatiron Ct #110, Boulder 303-396-0302
|Twist & Shout
||2508 E. Colfax Ave, Denver