KGNU and CFCZ's Annual Mardi Gras Dance w/ Curley Taylor & Zydeco Trouble
KGNU Community Radio and Colorado Friends of Cajun and Zydeco Music and Dance celebrate Mardi Gras with an evening of revelry, music, dancing, and a costume contest on Saturday, March 4th. Curley Taylor & Zydeco Trouble (curleytaylor.com) strike up at 8. Zydeco dance lesson at 7 and doors 6:30 P.M. The Avalon Ballroom in Boulder will be alive at our annual Mardi Gras celebration.
Avalon Ballroom, Mar 04, starting at 6:30 PM
Phone Shifts during the Spring Membership Drive
Sign up to help during the Spring Membership Drive, March 8th-19th. This is a fun time to chat with our fans and supporters. KGNU can do it with YOUR help. Grab a friend and select a shift.
More info, phone shift times and a helpful instructional video are here.
Resistance Radio Calendar
Airing Mondays, Resistance Radio announces upcoming events and happenings in the community that are activist and community related. For the full calendar, click here.
KGNU is (back) in Fort Collins!
KGNU has a new FM translator at 98.7 FM in LaPorte, covering the Fort Collins area. Tune in, turn on!
A story about our expansion appears in the Fort Collins Coloradoan.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle to KGNU is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest, running or not.
KGNU seeks a Denver Underwriting/Ad Sales Representative
KGNU seeks a motivated individual to sell underwriting/on-air sponsorship in Denver. The individual will be responsible for selling on-air and website underwriting for KGNU in Denver and surrounding suburbs. Additional billing, scheduling, and recording responsibilities included. Underwriter will be responsible for coordinating the voicing of and scheduling of underwriting spots for airing.
The application deadline is Tuesday, February 28th. Click here for the full job description and application instructions.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank to ours is the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. We automatically entered you into all KGNU drawings. Enjoy free shipping on thank-you gifts. Plus, try your luck on monthly concert ticket drawings for SOLR members only. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, fewer mailings - it is greener and cheaper. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio monthly. click here to download the form. or click on our donation button.
Are you experiencing issues with KGNU's signal?
If you are having any difficulty receiving KGNU's signal, over the air or online, please let us know using this form.
We are constantly trying to improve our signals and coverage, and any information you can provide will greatly assist us.
All Spotlight items
- Today from 12:30 PM to 1:00 PMHost: Duncan CampbellEvolutionary transformation perspectives in wide variety of fields
- Today from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PMHour-long Dialogs Focusing on the Mind, Body and Spirit
- Today from 2:00 PM to 2:30 PMRevolutions from the Heart of Nature: Environmental and Spiritual News
- Today from 2:30 PM to 3:00 PMWomen's International News Gathering Service
- Today from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PMHost: Theresa HalseyExplores Native American Issues, Music and Culture
- Today from 4:00 PM to 4:30 PMHost: Marinela Maneiro, Marcela Toledo, Jorge CisnerosSpread The Word: Connecting the Spanish speaking community with the resources and services they need for their development and integration.
- Today from 4:30 PM to 5:00 PMExploring the alternatives to violence
- Today from 5:00 PM to 5:30 PMRadio from the Grassroots
- Today from 5:30 PM to 6:00 PMHost: Christina Yutai GuoNews and Information for Chinese Immigrants
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PMHip Hop and Beats
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMDub, Dubstep, and Future Dub
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMMedia Analysis and Critique
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 6:30 AMThe world's Newsroom brings you global events as they happen
- Tomorrow from 6:30 AM to 6:50 AMThe daily drama of money and work from the BBC
- Tomorrow from 6:50 AM to 7:00 AMThe story of our times told by the people who were there
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:35 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:35 AM to 9:00 AMIn-depth Discussions on Local News Issues.
- Tomorrow from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AMMedia Analysis and Critique
- Tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMHost: Gavin DahlDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Tomorrow from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.