KGNU's 28th Annual Charles Sawtelle Memorial Mountain Jam
"The Charles" is an event for music fans that enjoy mountain air and great food in a spectacular setting. Texas-style barbecue, salads, homemade desserts and micro-brew beers accompany superb music at the Gold Hill Inn in Gold Hill, CO. The benefit is 11:30 to 4:30 Sunday, July 24th. The lineup features music sets by Rapid Grass, Katie Glassman and Snapshot, and Free The Honey.
Click here for more info about the bands and the festival.
Tickets are $20 for KGNU members and $25 for the general public. Children 12 and under free with an adult. All tickets will be $5 more on the day of the show.Online ticket sales end at midnight on Saturday. After that, tickets may be purchased at the Gold Hill Inn on the day of the show.
Convention coverage on KGNU
Starting July 18th the Republicans gather in Ohio and then from July 25th it's the Democrats in Philadelphia.
Every weekday afternoon from 4-5pm from July 18th through July 29th well bring you an additional hour of Democracy Now's special convention coverage. This is in addition to the regular morning broadcast of Democracy Now from 7-8am.
On Thursdays July 21st and July 28th we'll go live to the floor of the conventions and hear the Presidential candidates give their acceptance speeches.
And on Friday July 22nd and 29th join the conversation with a KGNU reporter roundtable on Connections from 8.30-9.30am.
RockyGrass Broadcast Coverage
We're once again thrilled to be live streaming the sold out 2016 RockyGrass festival at Planet Bluegrass in Lyons! Our live coverage begins at 9:30am on Friday, July 29th, and will run each day of the festival.
In addition to our live web stream on AfterFM.com, we'll broadcast on KGNU's airwaves Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings, and we're excited to be broadcasting Saturday evening from 5:30-8:30 PM, preempting regular programming. Click on info for more details.
Emerging Artist Stage at UMS!
Calling all artists under the age of 21 !! KGNU and Youth On Record are co-presenting an Emerging Artist Stage at The Underground Music Showcase (UMS) on Sunday, July 31st at the Hornet. We are taking applications now for a chance to perform live at the Underground Music Showcase. Members of each act must be under 21, and most or all of the songs performed should be originals. Link to the application is below - deadline to apply is this Friday, July 22nd. Winners will be notified on July 27th. Click here for the entry form.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle to KGNU is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest, running or not.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank are the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. You will be automatically entered into all KGNU drawings. Enjoy free shipping on thank-you gifts. Plus, try your luck on monthly concert ticket drawings for SOLR members only. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, fewer mailings - it is greener and cheaper. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio monthly. click here to download the form. or click on our donation button.
All Spotlight items
- BioneersRevolutions from the Heart of Nature: Environmental and Spiritual News
- Today from 2:30 PM to 3:00 PMWomen's International News Gathering Service
- Today from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PMHost: Theresa HalseyExplores Native American Issues, Music and Culture
- Today from 4:00 PM to 4:30 PMHost: Marinela Maneiro, Marcela Toledo, Jorge CisnerosSpread The Word: Connecting the Spanish speaking community with the resources and services they need for their development and integration.
- Today from 4:30 PM to 5:00 PMExploring the alternatives to violence
- Today from 5:00 PM to 5:30 PMRadio from the Grassroots
- Today from 5:30 PM to 6:00 PMHost: Christina Yutai GuoNews and Information for Chinese Immigrants
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PMHip Hop and Beats
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMDub, Dubstep, and Future Dub
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMMedia Analysis and Critique
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 7:00 AMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:35 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:35 AM to 9:00 AMHost: Community Foundation Of Boulder CountyMental Health Care in Boulder County
- Tomorrow from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AMMedia Analysis and Critique
- Tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Tomorrow from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.