Win a Free Trip For Two to Iceland
Make a contribution to KGNU now until October 18th and we will enter you into a drawing to win this fabulous trip, provided by Iceland Naturally. Sustainers of Local Radio (SOLR) members will automatically be included.
Entries for this free trip will be taken until 2:00 PM Mountain time on October 18, 2015. Drawing will be held noon Tuesday, October 20, 2015 Mountain time. Winner will be notified by telephone.
Click here for complete trip and contest details.
We have changed our online streaming service
We have changed to a new streaming service provider. For those of you online listeners who use the Tune In Online links to the left or on our Listen page, you will not notice a difference.
If you have our streaming links bookmarked in your favorite media player, you will need to update your bookmarks. See the Direct Tune-In Path section of our Listen page for the new direct links to bookmark.
If you have any questions, email us or call 303-449-4885.
New Volunteer Orientation
KGNU holds our Volunteer Orientations every other month. You can attend an orientation in either Denver or Boulder. If you've ever thought about getting involved with community media--on the air and behind the scenes--attending an orientation session is the best place to start.
The next orientation is September 3rd at 7 PM in Denver and Boulder. Just show up at either orientation.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank are the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. Be automatically entered into all KGNU drawings, plus a special SOLR members only monthly ticket drawing that gives you first dibs. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, fewer mailings - it is greener and cheaper. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio monthly. click here to download the form. or click on our donation button.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle to KGNU is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest, running or not.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Does your company match donations?
Many companies match contributions their employees make to non-profits, as a benefit to their employees. Did you know that many of these funds go unused each year? You may be able to match or even double your contribution to KGNU by participating in your employers matching gift program. Contact your Human Resources or Community Relations Specialist at work to ask how to participate. Thanks to your employer, and thank you to you for keeping community radio alive and well.
All Spotlight items
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:00 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:00 AM to 5:30 AMHost: Irene RodriguezThe Early Morning News brings local as well as global voices that are often missed by other media sources.
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMMedia Analysis and Critique
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 7:00 AMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:35 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:35 AM to 9:00 AMIn-depth Discussions on Local News Issues.
- Tomorrow from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AMMedia Analysis and Critique
- Tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Tomorrow from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Tomorrow from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMLocally Produced News and Public Affairs Talk Show
- Tomorrow from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMThe Shortwave Report is a weekly 30 minute review of news stories recorded from a shortwave radio.
- Tomorrow from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMWeekly discussions with the political activist, author, lecturer and attorney
- Tomorrow from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Tomorrow from 6:00 PM to 6:30 PMHost: Dennis CreeseInterviews with Local and National Labor Activists and Workers
- Tomorrow from 6:30 PM to 7:00 PMGay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered News and Interviews.
- Tomorrow from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMContemporary and vintage Opera recordings.
- Tomorrow from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PMClassical music
- Tomorrow from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMModern composition & Avant Garde music