Spies or Patriots: John Kiriakou Speaks in Denver and Boulder
Spies or Patriots?
Why is our government waging war on whistleblowers?Join KGNU Community Radio, Be The Change USA, and the Rocky Mountain Peace and Justice Center as we welcome John Kiriakou, a former CIA Agent, as he discusses the U.S. Government's campaign to stamp out dissent.
Celebrate 23 Years of Funky Good Times
Celebrate 23 years of Mountain Sun Pub and Brewery's Funky Good Times with a very special performance by Pearl Street All Stars featuring George Porter Jr., Kyle Hollingsworth, Jennifer Hartswick, Isaac Teel, and Jans Ingber! All Proceeds from this anniversary party benefit KGNU. Come support your local community! Click for Tickets!
Boulder Theater, Feb 27, starting at 8:30 PM
KGNU seeks a Director of Development
KGNU Community Radio seeks a DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR to build a strong financial structure which will fuel our 2014-2018 Strategic Plans, as we forge into our 40th year. The Director of Development will report to the Station Manager and be expected to work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, and the Board of Directors in a team environment.
Click here for the complete job description and application instructions. The application deadline is Feb. 25th, 2016, at 5 PM Mountain time.
Afternoon News Programming Changes
We would like to hear your thoughts on some recent program changes. You can now hear Reveal, from The Center for Investigative Reporting, Tuesdays at 4pm in place of Democracy Now.
Starting next week, the Thom Hartmann show will move from its 4-5pm slot on Thursday to 4-5pm on Wednesday, replacing the afternoon rebroadcast of Democracy Now on Wednesday. On Thursdays at 4pm we'll air Economic Update by Professor Richard Wolff.
We'd love to hear what you think. Let us know online, on our comment line at 303 447-9911 or email email@example.com.
Phone Shifts during the Spring Membership Drive
Our Spring Membership Drive runs March 2nd-13th, and as always, KGNU relies on Volunteer Power, answering phones and taking pledges.
Click the button below to check the available shifts (as some people change their schedules) and to sign up online, or call 303-449-4885. No experience necessary.
More info, phone shift times and a helpful instructional video are here.
We have changed our online streaming service
We have changed to a new streaming service provider. For those of you online listeners who use the Tune In Online links to the left or on our Listen page, you will not notice a difference.
If you have our streaming links bookmarked in your favorite media player, you will need to update your bookmarks. See the Direct Tune-In Path section of our Listen page for the new direct links to bookmark.
If you have any questions, email us or call 303-449-4885.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your vehicle to KGNU is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest, running or not.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
Sustainer of Local Radio (SOLR)
Automatic transfers from your bank are the most economical way to support KGNU, so we have incentives. Be automatically entered into all KGNU drawings, plus a special SOLR members only monthly ticket drawing that gives you first dibs. No credit card fees, no expiration dates, fewer mailings - it is greener and cheaper. Become a Sustainer of Local Radio, or SOLR member who supports community radio monthly. click here to download the form. or click on our donation button.
Credit Union Membership and Credit Card to Support KGNU
You can support KGNU every time you use your a Platinum Rewards Credit Card from Community Financial Credit Union. Our longtime partner, the BME Federal Credit Union, merged with Community Financial Credit Union last year. KGNU's Affinity Visa Credit Card is being phased out as of September 30th. Get a new MasterCard Platinum Rewards Credit Card and you can still support KGNU with your purchases. All KGNU members are eligible to join this locally-owned not-for-profit financial institution.
All Spotlight items
- Today from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMLocally Produced News and Public Affairs Talk Show
- Today from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMTime of Useful Consciousness Radio
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMA weekly program from the internationally renowned progressive talkshow host
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMHost: Liz LaneThe Trans Pacific Partnership--More Details/More Questions.
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMFolk music and americana
- Today from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PMHost: Jack RummelRagtime and related music from the classics of the past up to the music of today
- Today from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PMHost: Dave GlossMusic from the Big Band and Swing Era
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMJazz with a focus on Traditional, Swing, and Straight-Ahead Jazz.
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMHost: Carrie MarksLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 7:00 AMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AMA Call-in Program on a Wide Range of Topics.
- Tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 12:06 PMHost: Meredith CarsonDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.
- Tomorrow from 12:06 PM to 3:00 PMHost: NatDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.