KGNU Summer Membership Drive
Our summer mini-drive goes until 2 PM Sunday July 12th. Tune in for programming specials and lots of drawings. Donate now and get entered into all the drawings! Call 303-449-4885 or pledge securely online. Click "info" for more details.
The 27th Annual Charles Sawtelle Memorial Mountain Jam
"The Charles" is an event for music fans that enjoy mountain air and great food in a spectacular setting. Texas-style barbecue, salads, homemade desserts and micro-brew beers accompany superb music at the Gold Hill Inn in Gold Hill, CO. The event runs from 11:30am until 4:30pm on Sunday, July 19th. The lineup features Chain Station, Sierra Hull and Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen. Click here for more info about the bands and the festival.
Tickets are $20 for KGNU Listener-Members and $25 for the general public. Children 12 and under free with an adult. Tickets may be purchased online at TheCharles2015.brownpapertickets.com.
Phone Shifts during the Summer Membership Drive
Our Summer Membership Drive runs from July 7th-12th, and as always, KGNU relies on Volunteer Power, answering phones and taking pledges.
Click the button below to check the shift availabilities (as some people change their schedules) and to sign up online, or call 303-449-4885. No experience necessary.
More info, phone shift times and a helpful instructional video are here.
New Volunteer Orientation
KGNU holds our Volunteer Orientations every other month. You can attend an orientation in either Denver or Boulder. If you've ever thought about getting involved with community media--on the air and behind the scenes--attending an orientation session is the best place to start.
Does your company match donations?
Many companies match contributions their employees make to non-profits, as a benefit to their employees. Did you know that many of these funds go unused each year? You may be able to match or even double your contribution to KGNU by participating in your employers matching gift program. Contact your Human Resources or Community Relations Specialist at work to ask how to participate. Thanks to your employer, and thank you to you for keeping community radio alive and well.
Support KGNU's 3D Capital Campaign
Help us raise $250,000 in order to make KGNU more Digital, Durable, and Dependable. We're half way towards our goal! More details at KGNU in 3D.
Donate Your Old Car to Support KGNU
Donating your old vehicle is an easy way to support community radio. Avoid the hassle of selling it yourself, get a tax deduction and help KGNU!
Call toll-free 844-KGNU-CAR (844-546-8227), and we'll take care of the rest. We will take cars that run or not, but some restrictions do apply.
Don't Throw Away Your Cell Phones!
The Wireless Alliance recycles cell phones. You can drop off your cell phone at KGNU or you can request a recycle box for your workplace. Partial proceeds from donated cell phones will benefit KGNU.
All Spotlight items
- Today from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PMHost: Jonny DDiverse and eclectic sounds on the more adventurous side.
- Today from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PMLocally Produced News and Public Affairs Talk Show
- Today from 3:30 PM to 4:00 PMTime of Useful Consciousness Radio
- Today from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMA weekly program from the internationally renowned progressive talkshow host
- Today from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Today from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PMCall-in Program on a Variety of Topics Focused on the National and Local Economy
- Today from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMFolk music and americana
- Today from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PMHost: Jack RummelRagtime and related music from the classics of the past up to the music of today
- Today from 9:00 PM to 10:00 PMHost: Dave GlossMusic from the Big Band and Swing Era
- Today from 10:00 PM to 12:00 AMHost: David VorzimerJazz with a focus on Traditional, Swing, and Straight-Ahead Jazz.
- Tonight from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AMLate night freeform radio
- Tomorrow from 3:00 AM to 5:30 AMThe proving ground for new talent
- Tomorrow from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AMA community-based news show founded by former staff members of Pacifica's WBAI in New York
- Tomorrow from 6:00 AM to 7:00 AMDaily News Show with Stories and Perspectives from Around the World
- Tomorrow from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AMAward Winning News Magazine Show
- Tomorrow from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AMCoverage of Local and Regional Public Affairs and News
- Tomorrow from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AMHost: Kathy PartridgeLove Thy Planet: Pope Francis and Climate Change discussion with local faith leaders
- Tomorrow from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PMHost: Dave McIntyreDiverse and eclectic sounds, on the mellow side.